Senior User Experience / User Interface (UX / UI) Designer
- Leading designer eyewear e-retailer worldwide (smartbuyglasses.com)
- Multicultural team representing over 20 nationalities
- Fast growing, dynamic and young company culture
SmartBuyGlasses Optical Group, operated under Motion Global Ltd., is the world’s leading designer eyewear e-retailer. With operations across Asia Pacific, Europe and the Americas, SmartBuyGlasses has become the market leader in over 30 countries worldwide. With over 160 employees we retail the worlds’ best eyewear brands including Ray-Ban, Tom Ford, Gucci and many more. SmartBuyGlasses has a young, international and entrepreneurial culture that promotes fast career progression and self-development. Passionate and effective employees are usually promoted quickly to managerial positions, operating teams with high degrees of responsibility.
For more information see: www.motionglobal.com, www.smartbuyglasses.com, www.visiondirect.com.au.
We are looking for a talented UX/UI Designer to support our UX team and help take our e-commerce platform to the next level. Our goal is to create a best practice design-driven culture and you will be an integral part of making this goal a reality.
There are a few crucial qualities that we are looking for in this position. First and foremost, you need to be exceptionally committed to the user and to putting their needs above all else. Second, you must have a strong UX/UI design sense to achieve intuitive interfaces and optimal user experience for complex applications across a variety of devices. Third, you need to be data-driven and a strong researcher to identify new best practices and opportunities for improvement.
If you have all that wrapped together with a strong work ethic, proactive hand-on attitude, good communication skills, a killer command of storytelling, and skills in user and data research, then you might be the person we need to succeed.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
This position will be reporting to our Senior Product/Project Manager. Your primary goal is to increase the usability, conversion rate, and customer satisfaction of all elements of the SmartBuyGlasses product, including but not limited to:
- Research and opportunity identification – stay on top of the latest UX/UI trends in ecommerce including 3rd party platforms that can increase usability and conversion.
- Wireframes and mockups to effectively communicate high-level design strategies and detailed interaction behaviors.
- Co-drive the development and communication of design guidelines and patterns, with focus on providing a consistent and intuitive experience across our product portfolio.
- Increase engagement and conversion while improving the shopper experience for SmartBuyGlasses through web, mobile and tablet channels.
- UAT and ongoing testing to ensure everything is working properly.
- Responsible for day-to-day website design and creation.
- Creation of visual designs for user interfaces and documentation of UI guidelines.
- Apply brand standards while providing cutting edge design solutions.
The Qualified Candidate
- 5+ years UX/UI industry experience.
- Relevant Bachelor/Master degree or equivalent professional experience.
- Proven work experience as a UI/UX Designer or similar role + portfolio
- Proficient user experience design skills like customer journey map, usability testing, task analysis, observational research, workflow design, and etc.
- Experience with e-commerce website, responsive design, new design trends, and execution in agile environment.
- Proficient design skills like Sketching, Wire framing, prototyping, creating high-fidelity mockups with design tools like Sketch, Photoshop and etc.
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills, including the ability to communicate complex, interactive design concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
- Experience working in a collaborative team and working closely with technology teams for implementation of designs.
- Comprehensive understanding of the current state of web technology and best practices.
- Ability to define patterns and advocate for consistency, without repressing inspiration or inhibiting innovation.
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS basics is a plus