Junior SEO Specialist (Remote/ Hybrid/ On-Site)
- Largest designer glasses e-commerce retailer worldwide (smartbuyglasses.com)
- A multicultural team representing over 20 nationalities
- Fast-growing, dynamic, and young company culture
We seek a junior SEO Specialist with a basic marketing background. The successful candidate would be someone with a basic knowledge in SEO strategies on-page, off-page, and Tech SEO. We are looking for a sharp and self-motivated achiever who combines a deep interest in business and passion for data-driven decision-making, with proven analytical capabilities, attention to detail and 1-2 years of SEO experience. This person will focus specifically on our SEO projects' implementation, tracking and performance.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Data-driven approach to identify areas for optimisation. Aggressively drive change in strategies, projects, and processes to ensure SEO best practices and Organic Revenue/ Sessions.
- Proven track record of scaling a brand’s organic traffic and ability to tie SEO efforts to awareness, acquisition, and revenue outcomes
- Understanding of SEO and B2C marketing
- Track and improve efficiency: Identify winning content, analyze page user behavior, and apply your learnings by improving content, targeting keywords, and compiling actionable insights for content editors.
- Build authority by generating backlinks: Identify backlink opportunities and execute off-page initiatives (e.g. PR, third-party links,..) to boost our domain authority.
- Hands-on optimisation work, including metadata, schema, URL structures, site architecture, content, link-building, and keyword research.
- Collaborate closely with the IT team for the implementation of technical SEO improvements.
- End-to-end project management of key strategic SEO projects in collaboration with stakeholders in marketing and other departments
- Perform extensive keyword analyses and manage our keyword portfolios in English and Non-English markets
- Continually monitor new advancements in SEO and evaluate their risk/reward if implemented.
- Prioritize SEO opportunities based on the greatest impact on traffic & revenue
- Monitor and report competitors' keyword rankings, content, and link-building strategies.
- Manage relationships and projects with our SEO agency
- Regularly report on key metrics and project status, to stakeholders across the organization. Consult and problem-solve individual issues when needs arise.
- Ownership of Google Search Console and other SEO software (SEMRush, AHREFs, and Screaming Frog).
- 2 years of marketing or web-related experience with +1 years of Search Engine Optimization
- Basic experience with technical SEO and optimising e-commerce websites across the whole funnel.
- Previous experience using Google Search Console, SEMRush, AHREFs, and Screaming Frog is strongly preferred.
- Understanding of the major factors influencing organic search – Technical SEO, On-Page SEO, Off-Page SEO.
- Track record in coordinating content creation on scale, building up content clusters to achieve fast growth on organic channels.
- Good understanding of content management systems and basic knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Good understanding of the current trends in SEO content delivery and management
Skills & Requirements
- Basic knowledge of Google Analytics or equivalent analytics platform
- Proficiency in Excel including the use of pivot tables.
- Highly analytical and comfortable around numbers.
- Strong work ethic, organizational skills, and a high level of professionalism
- Proactive mindset with an ability to think outside the box and enrich the team with new, creative ideas.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You are fluent in English
- Must be self-directed and effective working independently, yet equally comfortable contributing in a team environment.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and a willingness to get your hands dirty
SmartBuyGlasses Optical Group, operated under Motion Global Ltd., is the world’s leading designer eyewear e-retailer. With operations across Asia Pacific, Europe, and the Americas, SmartBuyGlasses has become the market leader in over 30 countries worldwide. With over 200 employees, we retail the world’s best eyewear brands including Ray-Ban, Tom Ford, Gucci, and many more. SmartBuyGlasses has a young, international, and entrepreneurial culture that promotes fast career progression and self-development. Passionate and effective employees are usually promoted quickly to managerial positions, operating teams with high degrees of responsibility.