- Largest designer glasses e-commerce retailer worldwide (smartbuyglasses.com)
- Multicultural team representing over 20 nationalities
- Fast growing, dynamic and young company culture
SmartBuyGlasses Optical Group, operated under Motion Global Ltd., is the world's leading designer eyewear e-retailer. With operations across Asia Pacific, Europe and the Americas, SmartBuyGlasses has become the market leader in over 30 countries worldwide. With over 160 employees we retail the world’s best eyewear brands including Ray-Ban, Tom Ford, Gucci and many more. SmartBuyGlasses has a young, international and entrepreneurial culture that promotes fast career progression and self-development. Passionate and effective employees are usually promoted quickly to managerial positions, operating teams with high degrees of responsibility.
For more information see: www.motionglobal.com, www.smartbuyglasses.com
The Technical SEO Trainee will take a lead role in the development and execution of SmartBuyGlasses’ global SEO strategy, and will be primarily responsible for growing organic traffic and revenue across all SmartBuyGlasses’ online properties. Working in collaboration with stakeholders in the marketing and IT departments, this team member will be responsible for reports development and analysis, in addition to end-to-end project management. During the six month trainee program, the Technical SEO Trainee will develop their skill set through a combination on project execution, training, and mentorship, in order to become the go-to person at SmartBuyGlasses for all things SEO related.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Become the in-house expert in best practices for “White Hat” SEO strategies, both on page and off page.
- Data driven approach to identify areas for optimization. Aggressively drive change in strategies, projects and process in order to ensure SEO best practice.
- Hands-on optimization work, including web page development, site architecture, content, link-building and keyword research. Collaborate with stakeholders in the marketing department and across the enterprise.
- Perform extensive analysis on keywords and manage our keyword portfolio for all online properties.
- Continually monitor new advancements in SEO and evaluating their risk/reward if implemented on company site, given current traffic patterns.
- Ownership of Google Search Console as well as other SEO software.
- Collaborate with third party vendors to implement the latest best practice on SBG online properties.
- Strong understanding of core SEO principles and up-to-date knowledge of the latest trends and best practice.
- Excellent analytical skills. Experience using SQL, Data Grabber, and other data management software also preferred.
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail. Ability to work under pressure.
- Strong work ethic and a high level of professionalism.
- Ability to adapt to changing work requirements and complete multiple projects concurrently.
- Basic website development skills preferred, including a firm grasp on HTML and CSS.
- Intermediate knowledge of Google Analytics. Previous experience working with MOZ, Majestic, SEMrush or other best practice SEO reporting software definitely preferred.
- Must demonstrate an ability to problem solve and work pro-actively.
- Proven willingness to self-study in order to improve knowledge and gain expertise.
- 6 month traineeship with a possibility of permanent employment after completion
- Extensive training across all online marketing activities from our in-house experts.
- Fast career progression for successful candidates.
- Work location: Shanghai, China
- 13th month bonus
- Medical insurance coverage
- A free-pair Designer Eyewear of your choice every anniversary date
- Employee discount on purchases on SmartBuyGlasses website
- 3000 RMB employee referral rewards
- On the 2nd, 3rd and 5th anniversary, company awards every employee A Tailored Holiday Package (domestic or abroad)