Business Intelligence Analyst
Location: Shanghai, China
- Leading Designer Glasses E-Commerce Retailer Worldwide
- Young & Exciting Workplace with Multi-cultural Team
- Opportunity for Accelerating Career and Personal Development
Motion Global operates the SmartBuyGlasses Optical Group, the world’s top designer glasses E-Commerce company. The Company’s portfolio of leading E-Commerce platforms operates across 30 countries covering the Asia Pacific, Europe and the Americas. Motion Global combines an international culture of best practice with in-house management of key operations including Information Technology, Design, e-Marketing, Supply Chain, Logistics, Merchandising, People Development and 24-hour multilingual Customer Service. Our global team encompasses over 200 staffs from 30 countries dedicated to pioneering the optical industry. Motion Global’ s regional head office is situated in Shanghai with other operations across Asia Pacific & Europe.
Motion Global is a constantly evolving ecosystem of passionate, innovative and successful people working together to continue the company's growth, build the careers of its people and fight poverty through its “buy one, give one” social movement.
We are seeking a highly skilled, passionate and experienced Business Intelligence Analyst to join our fast growing business intelligence team. Working within a professional team this person will provide additional expertise across the BI space, developing robust, scalable, integrated BI solutions to support effective business decision-making.
Your role will include:
- Develop dashboards and reports using BI tools (AWS Quicksight, Microsoft SSRS or other tools as required).
- Develop business intelligence reporting and data visualizations, assist with data warehouse project implementation.
- Assist with Data Collection and Modeling to integrate various data sources into the data warehouse with meaningful structure and format to enable efficient and effective reporting and analytics.
- Working with management, continue to develop and optimize the company business and financial metrics that would help managers make better financial, customer service, and marketing decisions.
The candidate will have the following competencies:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Business Studies, or related field. An advanced degree in these fields is a plus.
- 1-2 years’ experience in developing BI solutions including creating new reports, designing data models and ETL processes.
- Strong experience using a range of Business Intelligence tools (AWS Quicksight, Microsoft SSRS or Tableau).
- Strong understanding of Data Warehouse concepts and methodologies.
- Strong understanding of extract transform and load (ETL) development standards.
- Strong experience with MySQL or MS SQL Server.
- Experience working with software developers and Web-based development projects.
- Strong time and self-management skills; an ability to work well under tight deadlines.
- A strong verbal and written communication skill in both business and technical areas, fluent English is a must.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A multinational, fast-paced and vibrant start-up environment in our Shanghai office, one of the most exciting cities in Asia.
- Opportunity to play a significant role in enabling the development of our multiple channel e-commerce platform.
- A great opportunity to contribute in an environment of flexible structures, flat hierarchies and in a team of motivated colleagues.
- Young and motivated team with coworkers from many nations around the world
- Strong benefits and fun monthly company events.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter (including your salary expectation) to email@example.com